Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Done

I'm nearly done with my shopping (just a few local and online Gift Certs left to buy). It helps that The Hub and I are not giving each other gifts since we're traveling in about a month and that will suffice. Also, I have a sinking feeling that we will be surprise gifting ourselves with a new pressure pump for the well. Sigh.

I'm actually done with my Christmas knitting. Or at least, I'm done with the knitting that has to be done by Christmas. We're celebrating another Holiday in late January in SoCal, and I have to knit a couple of pairs of socks for that, but I have plenty of time (well maybe not plenty, since I'll be in Asheville for nearly a week in the interim, but still... there's no rush right this moment).

All of my packages have been shipped, including this hat.
 I'm not thrilled with the floppy flower, though it really does curl more (and look more symmetrical) than it appears in the photo. I spread it out to show you the lamp work button and bumblebee bead. All of the yarns are handspun.
 I like how this hat turned out. It's knit from leftover self-striping Opal yarn which is easily ten years old, and is at least sort of masculine-looking, something very few of my hats manage. It's already on the way with a shipment of these hats,
which still does not deplete the Hat Surplus in the Big Tub 'o Knitted Things. I love the BToKT.

And we have a new member of our extended family. I was thrilled to finally find a home for this whimsical sweater. I knitted it years ago, confident that the right human being would come along eventually. I'm so glad that she did.

But for the most part, I'm done. Now to sit back and relax... or maybe finish getting my Asheville workshop handouts printed...


No comments: