Monday, September 11, 2017

I didn't forget how to knit...

It's been a long time since a knitting pattern grabbed me, but JennyPenny's Calaveritas mittens did the trick. A friend posted the pattern link on Facebook, and within 10 minutes, I had bought it and was printing it out. I dug through the stash for some Knit Picks Risata yarn, and an unknown stash white fingering, and was off to town.

I skipped the Latvian Braid (whose instructions come in a You Tube Video), but otherwise knitted the mittens to the pattern. They came out a little big, but that's okay because I intend to wear them with commercial gloves underneath. If I was to knit them again (not likely), I'd drop down to 3mm needles (I used 3.25).

I love everything about the design, but I especially (and I do mean ESPECIALLY) love the skeleton thumbs.

If you have knitted mittens from a chart, and understand how chart decreases are indicated, and if this is not your first stranded pattern, then this should not be difficult (lots of float-anchoring, but that's just the way it goes when you have long streaks of a single color in a stranded design).

I give away most of what I make, but these are mine, mine, mine!






















No comments: