Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hauskuus hämmästys kotona lähettää postissa

In Finnish that means: A fun surprise in the mail. At least I hope that's what it means- if not, blame the online Finnish to English Translation Engine. Why am I writing headers in computer-translated Finnish, you ask? Well, because this arrived in the mail yesterday.

I knew that the foreign rights to The Big Book of Socks had been sold, but I thought it was to a German publisher. That happened a year ago or so, and I'd never heard anything else about the sale, so I mostly forgot about it. Until yesterday.
A German publisher may have bought the rights, but a firm in Helsinki published it. Is this not the coolest thing ever? It's my first foreign edition, and I am still grinning from ear to ear.
It looks great on the Kathleen Taylor shelf.
Yep- still grinning...

1 comment:

Nora said...

To cool, to cool, too cool!! I can imagine how you feel, probably how I do knowing that my art work is in other countries. :)