Saturday, June 22, 2013

Vegas to St George

I saw some absolutely amazing scenery between Camarillo and home. We were on the road for 3 days, and though we didn't stop often, I did manage to get a few good shots from the moving car.
 The Mojave. I've never driven through it before, and it's pretty amazing.
Also, hot. I think it was 105 or thereabouts, all day.

 The last of the palm trees, snapped at a gas stop.

 The first of a bazillion amazing rock shots (many of which will be posted tomorrow).

 I wasn't able to get a good shot of the Joshua Tree forests, but they're amazing- part cactus, part tree, all pokey and stark.


 More Mojave and Joshua Trees.

Interesting sculptures along the freeway in Nevada.

 Vegas, Baby.

 If anything had happened there, it would have stayed there. But nothing did.

 Excalibur and New York New York.

Someday, we'll have to go there to see what all the fuss is about.

No comments: