Saturday, July 7, 2012

Not a random pic at all

I've been waiting for two weeks to post this picture, holding back for a Photo A Day Challenge Prompt to fit the subject. It finally happened- today's prompt is Garden...

This shot was pure luck, I was standing on the deck, looking at the hay (I do that on occasion), when I glanced down at the pot of Straw Flowers, and saw this pair. I didn't have the camera with me, so I backed oh so slowly into the house, got the camera, turned it on, tiptoed back out... and they were still there. I got the shot, and then nearly fainted from the awesome. The tension in those upraised arms kills me. This may be the best picture I've ever taken...



This particular bug survived, but I saw the spider (which Google tells me is a variety of Crab Spider) enjoying lunch later in the day.


4 comments:

Nora said...

I have only one comment....

AWESOME!!!

Knit -University said...

I will join Nora in saying that photo is full of Awesome!

Melissa ~ twoknitwit said...

what a creepy and totally awesome bug photo all at the same time!!!

good job!
Melissa

Michele said...

Beautiful!