Friday, July 12, 2013

Hitchhiker #1 and #2

It took many tries to capture the sparkle- this is a very sparkly yarn.




It's long and narrow and asymmetrical- it's more of a scarf than a shawl. I'm not sure exactly how to wear it, but looping it loosely around the neck seems to work.

This is truly a mindless knit (as opposed to Dreambird), and I've already started Hitchhiker #2.
No sparkles to worry about this time- this is a cone of 50/50 Sage Green wool and silk, that I bought at North Country Fiber Fair. It's been waiting patiently for the right project.

  It'll bloom beautifully after washing. It's already a joy to knit- I'm using size 5 needles again.



2 comments:

Melissa ~ twoknitwit said...

this is timely ~ I was just looking at this pattern yesterday and thinking '10,000 people can't be wrong...' ~ why don't I have one of these yet???

looks like you were thinking the same thing, Kathleen!
Melissa

Kathleen Taylor said...

This pattern is a KAL for my local fiber festival in September, which is why I bought it. But I'm glad I did- it's dramatic and beautiful and very easy (unlike Dreambird, which was the most complex thing I've ever kntted). I can see knitting several more- they'll make great gifts and will work as mindless travel knitting.