Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Folk Art Santa Fat Quarter #2!

I've been busy with other stuff during the day, but in the evenings, I'm still embroidering. My Folk Art Santa Fat Quarter #2 arrived from Spoonflower (it's available for ordering now, also as wrapping paper). Again, I suggest the Basic Cotton for embroidery, and Kona Cotton or Canvas for painting or coloring.


I am really happy with how this one came out, and as always, I'm delighted with Spoonflower's service and quality.


I decided to go mostly monochrome reds with this entire fat quarter. It would have been ALL red, but the thread showed through from snowflake to snowflake, and as much as I love embroidery, I'm not tying the thread off for every snowflake...


I also decided to leave the faces white, with just a crayon circle for the pink cheeks.








I still have the two Santa motifs to embroider. I might do some table runners with this one.


No comments: