Tuesday, February 9, 2016

What I have learned so far, about colored pencils

#1- Prismacolor rocks!
#2. Blending pencils rock!
#3. There is a very fine line between blending and smudging!
#4. Erasers rock!
#5. I have so much more to learn!

I thought you might like to see the progression of a colored pencil dragon. This fine fellow was one of the Color Our Collections pages from last week, from the Wangensteen Library.


The uncolored page. I laid down a very light coat of purple over the whole image using a Prismacolor art stick (just a quick scribble).


Basic colors quickly sketched in.


Basic colors blended with the blending pencil. No additional color added (see? I said they rock!)


Deep shadows added,.


Highlights and some green for iridescence added. White gel pen for the white highlights.


Background blended and arty shadows added. Voila!

(all in all, about an hour of work)



No comments: