Thursday, December 6, 2007

Annemor #16



I don't even try to knit Fair Isle (or stranded. Or Norwegian) in the car, and I was in the car a lot today (about 300 miles worth), but I did finally get my 12th pair of Magic 28 socks done (the last 7 pairs will go to Children in Common). Tonight however, I finished one Annemor #16. This chart is a bit more difficult than the others I've done from Selbuvotter because there are large blocks of solid color (which involve catching the unused yarn every few sts on the back). The yarn I used (Lana Grossa Lambswool) is officially sportweight, so these mittens are heavier and larger than the last pairs (which is a good thing, since my gauge is usually tighter than what is called for anyway). I don't know if I'll keep this set for myself, but it fits me just fine.

3 comments:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Awww - this looks stunningly gorgeous! I'm so impressed by how neat and beautifully done they are, and the colors go along so well together! Fantastic work!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful!

Kathleen Taylor said...

I'm on a mission to use up stash yarns this year, so I've just been pairing colors and yarns that *go together*- but I love these colors together too. I've noticed that my Selbuvotter mittens (and therefore my stash) runs to greens and oranges. I think I need to buy some blues and purples.