Thursday, December 13, 2007

Freebie Friday- Stranded Fingerless Mitts- Companion to Fair Isle Tam







I was asked to design a pair of fingerless mittens to go with the Fair Isle Tam (which I think was the first Freebie Friday pattern posted here). I think they turned out really well. I happened to have some of the same Noro yarn that was used in the tam (though the tam itself has long gone to a new owner), though I had to use a different solid color yarn. Two skeins of Noro Kureyon will knit both the tam and the mitts (and you'll need 100gr of solid) as shown. If you want plain Noro cuffs and ribbings, you'll need another skein.

Here is the link to the coordinating tam pattern:
Click on the images to enlarge, right click to save as a jpg. Print from any graphics program.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful. Sorry to see your fingers have turned purple from the cold.

Jessika said...

fantastic! thanks for sharing :)