Friday, April 23, 2010

Bits and Pieces

yep... that's all I have... bits and pieces as I knitknitknitknitknit.

Well, except for the part where I mowed this morning, for the first time this season. Last year, my Mowing Music was Flight of the Conchords (I love Bret and Jemane unreservedly- I can listen to the Robot  song  and Carol Brown  over and over). But right now my Zune is on Crystal Bowersox repeat. Since I'm dallying with Apple (something I had heretofore avoided), I bought all of her AI performances and singles, and love them all. Saved is a hoot, and I suspect that Crystal did her share of smokin', drinkin', and dancin' the hootchy-koo (though the first time I listened to the full version, I mis-heard "I used to cuss and fuss. Cuss. Fuss", and still was not surprised...) (note: the full version has slightly different lyrics than the one she did on the show).

But mostly, I'm knitting- I'm in the throes of a Big Project, one that is going to eat most of the time I have left to complete the book, so that means I'm watching a lot of TV as I work. I'm catching up on Pullo and Vorenus and that naughty, naughty Antony. And I'm very sorry that the show was cancelled before they got to Octavian's years- they would have been pretty interesting too.

I'm also watching movies- yesterday it was Away We Go, with John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph. It's a sweet movie, though a tad unfocused (and I thought the ending was a bit too pat- without giving anything away, if that was an option for them, why didn't they choose it in the first place?). But I enjoyed it. And it was interesting to see John Krasinski get away from Jim Halpert so totally. Also, Maggie Gyllenhall and Allison Janney were perfect.

Today, I think I'll change pace totally and watch Surrogates.

And the morning is slipping away while the needles call my name, so I'd best get to work.

3 comments:

DragonsChest said...

We loved the movie Surrogates. Hope you do, too.

Wendy said...

I'm new to your blog - and have to love a lot of your comments! Flight of Conchords is on all the time in my car up loud. Not so fussed on the TV version. I have seen Surrogets at the movies and enjoyed it - about to see it with the family on DVD. Cheers Wendy (Brisbane, Australia)

Kathleen Taylor said...

DragonsChest- I thought Surrogates was a good movie. I really enjoyed it.
Wendy- Welcome!