Monday, April 12, 2010

Blast from the Past- Counted Cross Stitch Plus Nov 1992- Trumpeting Angel

This design appeared in Cross-Stitch Plus, November 1992 (I did a ton of designs for House of White Birches magazines, and was a contributing editor to several of them back in the day). I always liked this one, though now that I look at it, the proportion between the head, arm, and trumpet is totally off. I don't know where this piece is today- I do remember that it was really sparkly. I like sparkly...





2 comments:

GodfreyKate said...

Kathleen, you never cease to amaze me. In face you could be considered a tornado of creativity!

Your angel should be reissued! Did the magazine hold the rights (as they so often did and do).

Carolyn McNeil said...

I remember this angel! Hmmm...I need to look through my stash. I think I worked it and finished it - though I usually frame my finished pieces. Hmmm...maybe I gave it as a gift to someone? Hmmm..it looks sooo familar. This must be a sign that I stitch too much - I mean, if I can't remember if I worked the piece! Yikes!
Happy Stitchin'...
Carolyn
http://www.stitchopedia.com
An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…