Saturday, July 2, 2011

More Drum Rolls- Sex and Salmonella is now available for Kindle!

It's amazing how excited I can get over the re-release of a 15 year old book, but there it is.
Sex and Salmonella, the 2nd Tory Bauer Mystery, is now available for Kindle! The Nook version (and other platforms) will be up next week (the holiday weekend is causing the delay), and I will most certainly let you know when and where it's available.

This book is the hardest to find of all of them- it was the first one published nationally, and it only had one printing. The series didn't really take off until The Hotel South Dakota was published, so lots of people never had the chance to read this installment. For awhile, used paperback copies were going for over $100 on eBay, and even now, it's hard to find one for under $10 or so.

The old Amazon reviews aren't linked to the new Kindle versions (possibly because they have new ISBNs), so if you want to know what other readers thought about any of the books, check the paperback listings too (most people liked them, but once in awhile... whooboy).

My thanks go again to Ryan Boettger and his grad students for the wonderful job they did in formatting this book. And to Curtis Taylor, for the great cover. Assorted CafePress merchandise using the new covers is orderable from the link on the upper right of the main blog page.

I'm proofing the files for The Hotel South Dakota now, but the cover isn't done yet (the artist is in The Wedding... you know, the one I'm feverishly knitting that shawl for) and we're all going to be a bit distracted for the next few weeks. But by the time he gets the cover done, I will have finished the proofing, and we'll get that show on the road too. So far, I haven't wanted to change anything in Hotel, which is a first when it comes to reading my own books.

Anyway- Woohoo!

4 comments:

mary said...

Off to buy it NOW!!!! I am so excited that you are able to do this, I've always loved these books!

Unknown said...

Wonderful cover and I would be out flat on the floor if I ever got news something was being bid up so high on ebay that I had created.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Thanks Mary! Anne- I would have been even more excited about the high eBay bids if I had been the one selling the books. Unfortunately, I just watched from the sidelines...

maxine said...

Still hoping that your re-reading inspires book 7...and book 8...and book 9...