Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Told ya so...

Sorry for being so quiet- I'm feverishly working on the revision of my MG Fantasy novel, which won't be done when I get to the end of the existing chapters, because I'm adding new material... a lot of new material... and though I don't have a deadline for this manuscript, People Are Waiting, and it should have been done last month... and... well.... there is a lot of work left to do...so by the end of every day, my brain is pretty much scrambled (and then there's AI, which is a whole other sort of scramblage).

Speaking of AI- I told you so...
Even worse than I said, right?

And I finished the pieces to the Doll Sweater that goes with the Pleats from Hell. I might even get it assembled tonight, since there will only be 4 hours of AI this week, and none until Wednesday.
I also finished the purple socks, which were a special request from a dear friend. I'm going to hang on to them until after my knitting group meets on Friday, and then they'll head to their Real Home.

From the It Had To Happen Sometime File:
Yep- for the first time ever, I threw a pair of non-washable socks into the machine. And then I threw them into the dryer. These babies will never go on my feet again, they barely fit over my hands. I guess I'll cut them up and make something felted for The Girls' dolls...

And finally, I bought this postcard over 30 years ago, before I sold a single magazine article, and decades before I knew that I'd be working on a 4th draft of any book (much less my 13th). It's been in my desk, or on my office bookshelf ever since. Some days, it still applies...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh how I love Eeyore