Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome, New Paper Doll Friends!

Thanks to a great shout-out from Poppytalk, something like 3,000 new people have checked in on us in the last few days. Welcome, one and all!

I assume that many of you are paper doll fans. I've posted a vintage paper doll set almost every Thursday since I started the blog. None were published later than the 80's, and some were in print as early as the 20's. Here and there, I've posted some of my original dolls too. You can find the sets by searching either "Thursday Tab" or "paper doll" (or maybe "paperdoll"- sometimes I think of it as one word). Lots of fun stuff for all paper doll tastes.

I hope some of you stick around for the rest our wackiness- if you're a knitter, there are lots of freebie patterns (linkable list to the right of the page-scroll down), if you're an American Idol fan, I obsessively recap the shows. Links to my books (mystery and knitting) are provided (okay, that was self-promotion, but if I don't do it, who will?). Speaking of links- there are links to some other great blogs, and cool places too. Link on through and enjoy!

 And if you just like blather... well, you've come to the right place.

In any case, welcome!

3 comments:

Mrs.Marie Lester said...

I'm a 'new paper doll friend' so happy I stumbled on your blog (via poppytalk) I LOVE IT!!!! I played with paper dolls as a little girl and just loved them SO much! I don't have kids yet but I'm excited to introduce my niece to them and start having a stash for her to pull out when she comes over!

Linda said...

Paper doll lovers are legion! And I do enjoy you AI recaps and your craft talk about knitting.

Anonymous said...

Love paperdolls...looking for JEM ones online and cannot seem to find...wish someone would post them..in the meantime, I was so happy about the umbrella dolls; mine were ruined from a leaky roof when they were stored in an attic. I can remember buying them in our local Kresge's...it had a wooden floor and the isles and isles of stuff! Diane