Tuesday, October 19, 2010

AVL

I'm here, settled in my motel, with my sister (we haven't seen each other in 14 years). It was a very long (I hit the road at 3:30AM, my time) but uneventful travel day. No turbulence, no delays, no nasty surprises- the best kind of travel. Atlanta still has the fastest trams, and Watertown has free long-term parking (I met two, count 'em, cars on the 75 mile drive this morning. And no deer).

I had only limited hopes for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I started it this morning, and am about 400 pages into it, and am totally hooked (though it certainly does take its own sweet time getting anywhere). Now I'll have to get the other books.

We have our 2-day Biltmore tickets, and intend to go sleep early tonight. No pictures so far, but the leaves are turning, and the reds are glorious. Expect proof tomorrow.

3 comments:

NessaKnits said...

You haven't seen your sister in 14 years ... wow!

Fríða said...

you haven´t seen each other in 14 years!!!!how is that even possible? I guess distances really are great in America.
best wishes from Iceland
Frida

JackieLemon said...

I highly recommmend all three of "The Girl..." books. They do meander and the cast of characters is sometimes daunting, but it all hangs together beautifully.