Monday, December 28, 2009

Back to Normal

My Christmas prep often takes most of the year because I start in January, salting away socks and hats and mittens as gifts. My trees (especially this year) go up very early. So for me, on December 26, it's over.

And by over, I mean everything is put away and my house is back to it's usual non-festive disarray. That also means that it's time to go back to work, though this year, I didn't take a holiday break. I knitted seriously every day, including Christmas. But I'm excited about this book and the projects, so except for the constant underlying worry about the deadline, it wasn't like work. It was more like *fun* knitting, with marvelous (free) yarn.

I'm very much engrossed in Robinson Crusoe, which I am listening to as I treadmill. The story is fascinating, and I know that this is a book that I will want to read when I finish hearing the Librivox version. I do wonder if 'Ol Rob will come to understand that he spent two years in slavery, desperately plotting an escape, only to be shipwrecked on a voyage whose aim was to capture more slaves for himself.

Outside, it is a very white world. And since the sky is blue and the sun is shining, I may venture out to take some more pictures. People are out and about again, and the stores are open and I suspect that mail will be delivered today. The blizzard was nasty, and now it's over too. I'll leave you with a few more snowy shots from the last few days.








2 comments:

MorningGlory said...

Your snow is beautiful, thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures.
I must admit I have never knitted (knit)a sock..just started knitting this year? Is it something a beginning knitter can do? I can knit scarves, and dish cloths, etc. if they are easy or beginner patterns.I have been an interested reader for most of the year, but you can only visit this blog so many times without getting the urge to try a pair of socks.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Morning Glory- you can definitely knit socks as a beginner. If you want to try to knit them in the round, you can make a tube sock. But if you're leery of that, you can knit a tube sock flat, and sew up the seam. I'll post some links to patterns tomorrow.