Friday, December 25, 2009

Who's dreaming of a White Christmas?

We're wide awake.
The Weather Service wasn't kidding about this storm. It took awhile to build up steam, but we're in the middle now. Luckily, we celebrated Christmas with the SD Son and SO and 3 Grands last night, and have no need to go anywhere today. Indeed, we couldn't go anywhere even if we wanted to. We're going to hunker down, and eat leftover turkey and make a drink, and watch another disc of Season 5 of Lost.

All in all, a pretty great holiday.

So, what's it like outside, you ask? Well, lookie here:


Elderly Snow Angel in action


The wind is an amazing sculptor


25mph winds, 21 degrees, snowing (hard to tell how much we've gotten already, since it moves around a lot, but I'd say we have 6"-8" of new, and that much more predicted by Saturday). I was nice and warm inside all those bulky layers (except for my face, which was freezing).


Most of the front steps are buried


Remember the gate pic from a few days ago?


Lotsa snow


very low visibility


and high drifts (that's The Hub).

I hope everyone is safe and warm and having a wonderful Christmas!

4 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

Since you're safely inside, I can comfortably say that these pictures are beautiful! especially the sculpted one... I love when snow looks like that. Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

Love the photo of the gate- isn't nature amazing?!
We're getting socked in up here in Aberdeen, too. My daughter has been outside "sledding" twice already- on nature-made hills!

Kate/Massachusetts said...

I'm glad you are safe and warm!!! Those are incredible pictures. I especially like the wind snow sculpture. The evening news is showing some serious snow pictures from the midwest!!! We are due for rain and freezing rain from that same storm...I'd rather have snow! Merry Christmas!!

SD Sue said...

Merry Christmas from snowed in SDSue in Rapid City. The roads are passable in town, but the airport is closed and the interstate from border to border (I90 and I29)! Good to know there are other Dakota knitters out there!