Friday, December 18, 2009

The Sock Club- Week 3

I am so excited! My high school friend Mouse, in Oregon, (the woman who is responsible for getting me to South Dakota in the first place... though I suppose her Aunt Dorothy is the real reason, since if she had not moved from Athol, SD to Snohomish, WA, Mouse would not have come to Snoho, and then moved back to SoDak, sort of taking me with her... but I digress) took her copy of The Big Book of Socks to work, and several of the ladies there were so intrigued, that they started a Sock Club. They meet once a week to knit on their socks, and they've agreed to journal their progress in words and pictures for us!
I missed Weeks 1 and 2, but here is Week 3:

All 3 ladies, working away.



Amy has had to cast on 5 times. I wish I was there to help. Don't give up, Amy!



Toni is coming along swimmingly!



Wilda got her sock turned inside out. It happens when you're first learning to knit in the round. It doesn't matter much as long as you keep going.

You might notice that there is no one named Mouse in any of the pictures (or Janie for that matter, which is her actual name- Mouse is one of those High School nicknames that stuck). Mouse doesn't knit. Maybe I need to do something about that.

More pictures next week. I can't wait to see the progress! Thanks Amy, Toni, and Wilda, for inviting us in!

No comments: