Saturday, January 10, 2009

There is no hope for me




Remember a couple of days ago, when I wrote a huge big long enormous post that disappeared when I tried to publish it? I whined? And it was gently suggested that I write the actual post somewhere else, and then copy/paste it into place? And so I did that for a couple of days? And then this morning, I forgot? And so this morning's post disappeared into the ether too?

Yeah, me too.

So, second verse, not quite the same as the first, but I'm typing it in WORD, so it won't be lost. Sheesh.

Anyway, yesterday the roads were a mess- glare ice and freezing rain (to the point where my husband had to stop the pickup and scrape the windshield twice in a 40 minute drive). I would never have attempted the trip on my own, but aforementioned Hubby had some errands in the Big City (Aberdeen, SD, with a population of about 30k, the 3rd largest city in the state) and he offered to drive. Our monthly knitting group was wonderful, as always. Several other knitters produced blue and white scarves for the Special Olympics (Betty Clay took pics, and will probably post them to her blog. Is there a link for that blog to the right of this? If not, I'd better add it)(note to self: stop asking yourself questions that you can't answer from WORD). The opinion on Red Heart Super Saver yarn was unanimous…

I began work on another pair of mitered-square socks (pattern and instructions somewhere on the blog. Search thee, and ye shall find). I'm using leftover Twisted Fiber Arts Kabam (wool/bamboo) yarn in the Agnes, Giles, and Minstrel colorways. I think these will be the most beautiful socks in the history of socks. Or at least in my history of socks.

And while we were in town, we picked up a new Zune. The old one would probably have survived the system-wide glitch if we hadn't decided to take it apart and poke around in the innards (I know- what the hell were we thinking? Mostly that it was out of warrantee anyway, so it didn't matter- not realizing soon enough that it wasn't a hardware problem). So I now have a 120gb Zune (as opposed to the 30gb zune, which was only about half filled with my entire collection of music- some 5,000 songs), and I was able to pick up with Lizzy and Darcy and the infamous Wickham on the treadmill this morning. Now The Hub can fiddle with the old one all he likes- who knows, maybe he'll get it working again. He is pretty handy that way.

I used to sew all the time, but I haven't done any more than absolutely necessary to keep our clothes from falling off in the last couple of decades. But 3 Granddaughters (one actual, 2 honorary) got American Girl-Type dolls for Christmas (not the real thing, which are far too expensive and nowhere near as cool as they were before Mattel bought the company out). I found a couple of patterns on eBay, and I think I'll expand their wardrobes a bit this weekend.

Monday, it's back to work on a book proposal that is overdue (as in, it should have been done before Christmas. It wasn't). Wish me luck.

Oh yeah- and I had no problem distributing 15lbs of free yarn at knitting yesterday. I didn't think I would.

3 comments:

joannamauselina said...

You are right about the socks. They will be fabulous.

Geek Knitter said...

Wickham... what a cad! what a sleaze! what a... not very nice person.

I hate him, always have.

Sorry you lost another post.

Cathy-Cate said...

To paraphrase, when Blogger ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Thanks for identifying the Twisted colorways -- I saw the post from Bloglines, and looked at those mitered squares, and said, "It looks like Twisted, but what colorway is that?" Now the secret's out! More than out! Looking lovely.