Saturday, July 18, 2009

Half Blood Princes, and Saturday Market











We avoided the worst of the afternoon heat yesterday by seeing Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I thought it was the best movie adaptation yet- beautiful to look at, it captured the characters and the story as well as a condensation could (omitting a lot, including the explanation of the Half-Blood Prince), and finally got the Quidditch sequences right (those were always the weakest parts of any of the movies, I think). The kids have grown very well into their roles and the adult actors are perfect. I cried buckets, as expected. And I would be willing to see it again, in the theater, if we have another really hot afternoon.

This afternoon was plenty warm, but not as bad as yesterday. Jane and I took the Blueline Max from the Lloyd Center, past The Convention Center (where I will spend several wonderful days very soon- it's the green glass towers), to the Saturday Market, which was crowded but amazing- hot in the sun but nice in the shade. I didn't buy anything, but I looked, and admired, and smelled, and tried on a new headband. Like it?

Tomorrow, we head to my home town, Snohomish, WA. It'll be good to see the old stomping grounds again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

David Yates (director) did a superb job just magnificent to watch, may be Alfonso CuarĂ³n would have made them ROCK. I am a great fan of Harry Potter series. My favorite still remains HP3: Prisoner of Azkaban. But Half Blood was simply outstanding on levels.
Being a great fan I have collected a list of good sites and articles (may be around 200) related to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (movie information, movie schedule, movie reviews, books, games, news, wallpapers and many more). If you are interested take a look at the below link

http://markthispage.blogspot.com/2009/07/all-you-want-to-know-about-harry-potter.html