Friday, October 2, 2009

More Exchange Yarn, A new sock, and heading to Fargo

It took me an unconscionably long time to get around to finding takers for my portion of the Sock Yarn Exchange, and I am shamed by the three people who so promptly sent yarn to me. I got another package yesterday from New Hampshire- two balls of Regia (which come in handy, since I just got a request for blue socks and if there is a color that is lacking in my stash, it's blue), and a wonderful large hank of mill-spun Wool/Alpaca that will make fantastic boot socks. Thank you so much, Meg. (and I'm sorry for the fuzzy photo- I couldn't seem to get a sharp one).



I ended up ripping out the Yarnia blue/yellow/green/sparkle sock. Not because I didn't like it (I do. A lot), but because the gauge was totally wrong for that yarn. It was just too big, and I need to revamp my general pattern for larger yarn and size 3 needles. Or I need to strand one more fine yarn with it, and knit it up like worsted weight.

So I started over, with Art Yarn Merino, which I bought in Cannon Beach last summer. The recipient also loves Cannon Beach, and this is her first pair of handknit socks, so these will be a lovely gift for her.



We're heading out for Fargo soon. I'm signing tomorrow (Saturday) from 11:00am-1:00pm at the NDSU Bookstore, and from 2:00-5:00pm at Prairie Yarns. Hope to see you there. You'll know me, I'll be the idiot with the needles through the head.

I'm taking my camera but cannot guarantee a wireless hookup. If I have one, I'll post pics of the signings tomorrow. If not, I'll see all y'all on Monday.

P.S. I forgot to post The Field Report this morning. The soybean pictures are on my computer at home, so I'll post them on Sunday or Monday

No comments: