Sunday, March 9, 2014

Leftie Finished!

I'll give it to DeeAnn on the cruise (remember the Malabrigo Caribbean cruise on one of the world's largest ships? We set sail 3 weeks from today!!!), and I'll get pictures of her wearing it. In the meantime- I'm done!

These shots don't show it well, but there are teeny little sequins in the white (Rowan Kidsilk Haze Glamour), which give it just the right amount of sparkle. The blue/purple stripes (mini feathers?) are Mini Mochi. It used 2 balls of the Kidsilk and not even a half ball of the Mini Mochi.

I did enjoy knitting Leftie. It's a bit more complex than Hitchhiker, but nothing like Dreambird. This is Leftie #2 and I suspect there will be more.









2 comments:

D Louise said...

Good planning to carry along the contrast yarn! I chose not to, sigh, and ended up with 52 ends which are difficult to weave well.

Kathleen Taylor said...

As much as I love seeing Lefties with lots of colors in them, all those ends were a daunting prospect. I'm happy with how this one turned out. Carrying the yarn up the edge worked well, though that edge isn't as stretchy as it would have been if I'd cut off each *feather*.