Tuesday, August 4, 2015

It's easy as 1-2-3

Time for an embroidery interlude. I had finished my two hippie shirts, and was casting around for a project to take on our trip (something with smaller pieces for portability, and still intricate enough to be fun and a challenge).

Urban Threads came through for me, as usual, with their Mendhika Alphabet.

So, a couple of days before we left, I washed some unbleached muslin, cut it into 11" x 11" squares and got to tracing (I could have used an iron-on pen, but those lines are very wide, and tracing manages the same result with less work). These pieces are well-traveled.

I'm planning to work each of the letters in 2 shades(light and dark) of the main color, and piece them together with no borders, just the muslin background. For the record, the dark outlines use an entire skein of floss.

















It's going to be 5 blocks x 6 blocks. I don't know what I'll do for the spare 2 blocks, but I have plenty of time to figure it out...

No comments: