Thursday, September 2, 2010

whatta concept

Non-stop flights are amazing.Who knew?

We spent the day in Sioux Falls yesterday, eating lunch and not buying Laura Lippman's I'd Know You Anywhere because the SF B&N was sold out (and since she hit #11 on the NYT yesterday, I'm not surprised)(Name Dropping Alert: I've known Laura for years, we shared an editor at Avon- a nicer person could not be found). So I bought one of Laura's older ones (Life Sentences) that I had not yet read, and was happy as a clam on the plane.

This was my first time on Allegiant, and it most certainly will not be my last (not the least because our 2 round trip tickets were $297... that's for both tickets). The plane was large (lots of leg room), comfy, clean, pretty, and quiet (so quiet that you just had to hope that the engines were running), and the beverage cart ran continually. Three hours from takeoff, we landed in foggy LA. I'm now in a quiet house, waiting for the sun to come up so I can run. The Grands started school yesterday, so the grownups are all going to Ventura to taste a little wine (and olive oil, if you can believe it) today. I'll take pics.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

Welcome to L.A.
Yes, we've had an unusually cool summer so far...fog in the morning and cool breezes throughout the days. Hopefully, we'll be warming up soon! Have fun!
Need to go yarn shopping? Let me know!
ellblo at aol dot com