Saturday, November 20, 2010

Giving Thanks for Linkies

This will be the first Thanksgiving in years that I won't have my Christmas trees up early (not a word from the curmudgeons who complain every single year about the fact that stores put out Christmas stuff before Halloween. Every single year.We'll just have to agree to disagree). I simply won't have time to decorate until after I finish the YA first draft. And not that I have much Thanksgiving bric a brac, but it won't be set out this week, either.

But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy contemplating Turkey Crafts. Like these:
A knitted Turkey Dinner.  Love those celery stalks.

And a knitted Turkey Baby Hat.

And this perennial favorite,  the Sexy Turkey Hat, with matching Tea Cozy.

And this one, which is actually pretty darn cute.

Or this totally adorable Turkey Finger Puppet.

And if you're not in the mood to knit turkeys, make some instead, from ginger snaps and candy corn.

Gobble gobble, indeed.

3 comments:

joannamauselina said...

Someone out there has way too much time on their hands. The snowman hat is cute, however.

Kathleen Taylor said...

...and that someone might be me... heh...

Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahaha! LOVE all that turkey stuff!
Check out my easy turkey sugar cookies with candy corn. THey fit right into your theme today!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AbImehj4LiA/TORyEA0ISRI/AAAAAAAAK9Q/ZVCx-Jk4yBw/s1600/Kevin-Cookies.jpg