Saturday, January 28, 2012

We got us some South Dakota Style Wind going on here

I'll grant you that Ive only been to SoCal 5 times, but I've never heard it blow like this before. Not that it's howling or anything, in fact, it's sort of like our normal South Dakota wind, but it surely is whooping around more than I've ever seen it here. Feels sorta normal to me.

 Wind or no, it's sunny and warm (I'm wearing capris and sandals... whoohoo!). And, as always, the flora fascinates me. I have no idea if the above cactus is just about to bloom, or if it just finished, but either way, it's beautiful.
And I will never get tired of seeing citrus fruits growing in pots on porches.
I've already bought the obligatory hoodie, though The Hub seems to have appropriated this one, so I may have to go shopping again. Darn.

Yesterday was a quiet day- trip to Trader Joes, and lots of napping. I slept 9 hours last night (nothing short of amazing, given that I've entered the Insomnia Years). Today, we've already taken a 3 mile walk, and we're going to go to a Chinese New Year Celebration in town, and then to an Italian Restaurant for supper.
The good food started before we even left Sioux Falls. This is a spinach and artichoke dip/shrimp/tomato flat bread pizza from Granite City. It was even better than it looks. Yesterday for lunch, we picked up little individual loaves of bread with jalapeƱos, cream cheese, and ham baked inside. I ate mine too quickly to take a picture, but trust me, it was amazing. For dessert, we had cinnamon and sugar fried tortilla tubes with cream filling (sort of like a cannoli).

I think I'd better start walking 6 miles every morning.

No comments: