Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Got Nuthin'


It's one of those brain-dead days. My page proofing deadline is looming. I am a terrible proofer under the most relaxed of circumstances, and this is not a relaxed circumstance.


I haven't done any knitting for a couple of days, nor have I 3-plied the bobbin of Finn sherbet-colored singles that are glowering at me from the corner. I did run outside yesterday and this morning, for the first time since November. It was lovely to be out of the basement (and under the geese migration- the sight of thousands upon thousands of geese flying over is pretty amazing), though I was reminded that running on the treadmill doesn't make my knees achy, and running outside does (why? uneven ground, I suppose, and a very slight incline in my 1/2 mile long driveway). Our snow is melting, but the frost has not gone out of the ground yet, so it's a muddy, mooshy mess until I tip-toe my way out past the railroad tracks, to the township road, where the gravel is firm. I'm nearing the end of the Librivox podcast recording of The Moonstone which I listen to as I exercise- we're about ready for the big reveal(s), and I'm still loving it. I think I might try some Dickens next- I'm embarrassed to say that I have never read A Tale of Two Cities or Bleak House, and I am curious to know what listening to a *new* book is like.


I managed to sneak in one more Twisted Fiber Arts yarn purchase, before they all disappeared: a Valkyrie Kabam (wool/bamboo) sock yarn, with coordinating yellow heel/toe yarn. I'm not sure what pattern I'll use with the yarn, but whatever it is, it'll be gorgeous.


Other than that- I got nuthin'. What's going on with you?

2 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

I'm re-starting a sweater (see today's post) and looking forward to some time off next week. Oh, and trying to conquer the great huge laundry-beast which took up residence in the utility room while I wasn't looking. I swear I don't recognize some of those clothes!

Anonymous said...

Do you need new running shoes? Achy shins is a sure sign for me.