- April 13, 7:00pm, Brookings Public Library, Brookings, SD- talking about the transition from craft writing to mystery writing back to craft writing. And whatever else occurs to me (or the audience)
- August 6-9, Sock Summit 2009, Portland, OR- okay this one isn't official, and I'm not on the teaching roster (though I am on the sub list, should the need arise), but if I can possibly manage it, I'll be there. And my editor has promised to do what she can to make a few advance copies of The Big Book of Socks magically appear in time for The Summit. I want to go so badly, I can taste it.
- Sept 18-21, NCFF (North Country Fiber Fair), Watertown, SD- Not sure what class(es) I'll teach this year, but I'll be there.
- Sept 26, Athena's Fibers, Sioux Falls, SD- not sure of the time, but I'll be there in the afternoon
- October 23-25, SAFF (Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair), Asheville, NC- I'll be teaching 5 workshops: Graduated Color Band Dyeing (from Yarns to Dye For), Spiral Stripe Dyeing (from The Big Book of Socks), an All-Day Fair Isle Class (we'll be knitting a toddler-sized, worsted weight version of the Snowflake Hat that was my most popular Freebie Friday pattern), a Short Row Heel Class (from The Big Book of Socks), and a workshop on Writing Patterns for Publication. Details about the workshops will be up on the SAFF site very soon (link on the upper right side of this page)
The schedule will likely fill up more, as time goes on (especially once BBoS hits the stands in September). If you're interested in having me come to speak, sign, teach a class, sit and knit, whatever, e-mail me (kathleentaylor1952 at gmail dot com) and we'll see what we can work out.