Friday, May 8, 2009

Froggy Went a Courtin'





























Or at least, froggy got the binding all tacked down. The frog quilt is done and I am quite pleased with it (if I don't look too closely at the machine quilting- I may become adequate at it, but I'll never be an artist). The finished quilt is about 69" x 80", which is an odd size, but that's okay.

I finished assembling the blocks for the Bee quilt, and have them arranged. It's hard to tell in the photos, but each center square is a bee-themed fabric. This one is going to be fun too.

I'm starting to gather fabrics for the Super Hero quilt (who knew there were so many Spiderman prints out there?), and I bought a Moda Jelly Roll and Layer Cake in the Tranquility series to make this quilt: http://www.unitednotions.com/fp_nest.pdf . It's not going to be as big as I'd like it to be, so I'm going to have to buy another Jelly Roll and Layer Cake. darn.

And though I've been quilting and sewing a lot lately, I haven't forgotten about knitting. I finished one project for a compilation book (I'll share details when there are details to tell), and I am going to start a sweater for me me me! I'm using this absolutely gorgeous yarn from Decadent Fibers (http://www.decadentfibers.com/ ): Creme Brule (merino, silk, mohair) in a pale mottled fantastic silvery color called Gray Goose, to knit this pattern, coincidentally called Gray Goose (http://www.decadentfibers.com/Knitting%20Subweb/grey_goose_sweater.htm). I can't wait to get started.

But today is the last meeting of my knitting group for the season, so I'm heading to Aberdeen. Catch all y'all on the flip.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sweater. Want it. Now.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

You are a quilting fiend... I wish I were as productive!

Mona said...

You are an amazing lady!!! Love, Love, Love your quilts!!!!
Mona