Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pardon the interruption...

... but now that I'm done with my class sample knitting for the Fiber Frolic and SAFF, I can get back to what I really want to work on:


Turning this amazing photo of three of my granddaughters into a needlepoint.



This was taken in the summer of '11, during a wonderful, rainy beach wedding at Cannon Beach, OR.

First, I flipped the photo. Then I printed it on a light fabric iron-on transfer sheet. Then I ironed it onto 18 ct needlepoint canvas.


It came out perfectly. The mesh is tight so the iron-on covers some of the holes, but poking through them is no big deal, and I can see the canvas threads very easily (that's not an issue with 14 ct canvas, but I wanted the higher detail that the 18 ct will give me).

I've already started stitching (using 4 strands of DMC cotton embroidery floss). I'm just going to match floss to the shades on the image- easy peasy. This is going to be such fun!

Tomorrow? Back to the rest of the NCFF pics

No comments: