Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Class Openings, We gotcher class openings!

Between enjoying the last weekend of the summer (which, temp-wise, shows no sign of ending), and getting ready for my upcoming classes, I've been absent lately. Sorry for the silence.

I got the rest of my supplies and handouts sent off to New Jersey for the Fiber Frolic, but I still have to finish knitting up the class samples for the Sock Blank Dyeing Workshop. I love how these came out, and I love the knitted socks even more. That festival is at the end of September, and each of my classes has reached the minimum number of students (and most are near the max). But some of the classes at my other festivals still have room in them.

If you're going to be anywhere near Watertown, SD September 14-16, I'll be teaching classes at NCFF, the North Country Fiber Fair. This is my local festival, it's small and very well run, and I love love love it. I will be teaching a Mitered Square Cuff class from 1-5pm on Friday, a 1/2 day Design Your Own Fair Isle Hat or Christmas Stocking from 9am-1pm on Saturday, and Little Tips and Knitting Tricks from 12:30-3:30pm on Sunday. As far as I know, there is room in each of these classes. Come and see us! You'll be glad you did.

Several of my classes at SAFF, the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair, in Asheville/Fletcher, NC, October 26-28, have filled, but not all of them.  On Friday, I'm teaching an all day steeking workshop called EEK! A Steek!, On Saturday, I'm teaching Design Your Own Fair Isle, and Knit a Fair Isle Fingerless Mitten (this pattern is exclusive to SAFF 2012 and won't be taught or offerred again until fall 2013). On Sunday I'm teaching Writing Patterns for Publication, another session of the Fair Isle Fingerless Mittens (the first class filled up immediately), and Knitting Tips and Tricks.

I hope to see some of you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kathi!

We've nominated your blog for the "Seven Things About Me Award"--just because we think you're awesome. To accept the award, you should do three things:

1. Link back to the nominator (that would be us, at After the Kids Leave).
2. Post seven things about yourself--this can be as wacky or original as you like.
3. Nominate seven blogs you like, and let them know you've done so.

There's a badge involved, which you can lift from our site.

Of course, you can also choose to simply bask in our admiration, and that's totally cool. Either way, we think you're something special!

Karen and Wendy