Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yarn Report- Lime 'n Violet Sasquatch Sock


Lime'n Violet

Sasquatch Sock
Light Fingering
100 gr, 425 yds
75% wool/25% nylon- superwash
Colorway: Shim Sham
Gauge: 10 sts=1", 11 rnds=1"
Needles: Size 2


Lime 'n Violet is one of my very favorite blogs- they feature a number of columnists, lots of links to wonderful patterns, even more links to great yarns (which have greatly reduced my PayPal account, lemee tellya), and new content almost every single day. But they also dye and sell scrumptious yarns.


This yarn is their Sasquatch Sock yarn, sold in 100gr hanks (425 yds), 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon, light fingering weight. It's a gorgeous, soft yarn, that knits up beautifully on 0-2 (US) needles. I used size 2 (2.75mm) and the fabric came out thick and cushy and wonderful. The colorways are great- this whimsical sample is Shim Sham, a combo of pink, yellow, and grays. It knit up beautifully. I love love love their yarn band (which I didn't save, sorry), which has a bit of glitter on it.


The Lime 'n Violet blog link is on the right of this page, under Knitting Places I love. The link directly to the Sasquatch Yarn is here:

No comments: