Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Booty







I forgot to mention that there's a yarn store in Watertown, which just happens to be on the way to Brookings. And I just happened to stop there, on the way to the Library gig. It's called Expressions Gallery, and it's a combo yarn/needlework/framing shop (so if you knit, do cross stitch, and need your pieces framed, this is the place for you).


I found a couple of skeins of great sock yarn (natch). Actually, I found many many skeins of great sock yarn, but I only bought two. First in the basket was Dumbledore (red, blue, gold, white, green) self-striping from Opal's Harry Potter line (and I seriously considered Hedwig, because one friend has specifically requested gray or black socks). Opal was my first self-patterning yarn purchase (back when I still thought $16 for a pair of socks was a ridiculous price... that was a long time ago), and I still love knitting with it. These socks will go to the Harry Potter loving Granddaughter for Christmas. The other skein is Fortissima Colori (which is made in the same factory as Opal, and sometimes has identical colorways). I don't know what this line is called but it's gorgeous shades of greens, browns and golds- very Fallish. I don't know who will get these. Maybe I'll keep them myself.


And I bought 3 absolutely fantastic cards from Itty Bitty Witty Knitties, but I can't show them because the 3 people who will get them all read the blog. So take my word for it- they made me laugh out loud.

And my sister, who has a wicked sense of humor, sent me some American Idol makeup. Now I can look sparkly, just like Paula. Or Adam.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think if you want to look like Paula, you're going to have to practice your staggering a bit more. Just sayin'.
:D
p.s. My word verification today is "gratin." First time in ages it's been an actual word! And for some reason, I'm craving cheese now.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Lucky lady... great yarn!

gilraen said...

I love the look of the HP yarn!! Very clever dyeing by Opal :)