Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I am such a doofus




I took the camera along to the library gig in Brookings and dutifully took pictures of the setup (I brought a little bit of everything- books, pictures, FO's, Book projects, covers, handouts, freebies, WIPs) and then forgot to take a single picture during the festivities. So you'll just have to take my word for it that the crowd was lovely and enthusiastic- knitters and mystery lovers, including one lady whose son heard me speak about 10 years ago (when he was about 10 himself) who still remembered me and my "creepy" book cover (Funeral Food, which is pretty creepy when you come to think of it, especially for a 10 year old)(the book itself is totally not appropriate for 10 year olds).

At any rate, it was a lovely evening. I had a great supper before hand (with Rae from the Library, and 2 friends, at The Ram. I had Cajun Salmon and it was fantastic!), and I remembered how to speak in public (I wasn't sure it would come back to me), and I finished with a reading of Leave the Lights Off, Darlin' (the first time I've read that anywhere, by the way).

I had an uneventful drive down and back (250 miles total), though I was startled twice by jackrabbits jumping out in front of my car (didn't hit either one), and annoyed by oncoming drivers laboring under the misapprehension that my headlights were on bright, who, instead of politely flashing at a respectable distance to let me know (at which time, I would have politely flashed back to show them their error), opted to wait until we were nearly even, and then blinded me.

All in all, it was a great event, worth being pretty tired today.

1 comment:

Mary Keenan said...

Those tables... and the wall behind them... and the shawl... wowza! Wish I coulda been there to hear you and to check it all out!