Friday, September 4, 2009

The Field Report, and All New Homespun Handknit

It's pea-soup foggy out there this morning (the old saying is that 90 days from the first morning fog, there will be snow on the ground. Unfortunately, we have had varying degrees of fog most mornings since July). The soybeans are about at their peak right now, and by next week, we'll probably start seeing the die down. These are seed beans, which means that harvest won't happen until the plants have died and dried completely. It'll be a month, at least, before they are ready for the combine.

My copy of All New Homespun Handknit arrived yesterday, and it's a beautiful book, with tons of projects that I want to spin and knit. I am especially intrigued by Amy Moore's Mitered Square Child's Sweater. I am proud that my self-striping socks are a part of this wonderful compilation.

No comments: