Sunday, September 27, 2009

Signing at Athena Fibers

I had a fantastic time at Athena Fibers in Sioux Falls yesterday. The store itself is lovely- rooms and rooms of yarn, nestled in a lovely old house in a quiet neighborhood. The yarns are many and varied, and all of them wanted to jump into my basket. And the people were such fun that I only realized that it was past time to leave when someone spotted my husband waiting outside patiently. Great yarn, great people, fun conversations, and lots of laughs. And dessert. Pretty hard to top that.


Here's a fuzzyish shot of everyone, pretending to be sedate (my camera didn't like the back lighting). Note the sleeping puppy.




This is more like it... Note the dessert... and the puppy


Yarn- I guess I was in a purple mood yesterday. A couple of Bokus, 2 Mini Mochi (moochi???? mookie??? how do you say it?), a ball of Ty Dye sock yarn, and some sheep buttons that begged to come with me.


And on the way home, I finished Jane's Mitered Koigu Mill End Socks. I love how they came out.
All in all, a great trip! Thanks Lauri and Judy, and everyone!

P.S. Mona stopped by, but had to leave early. She gave me a shout out on her blog.

No comments: