Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Misc.

Just bits and pieces today:

#1. My son, the artist, has a new blog, where he plans to detail his search for an agent, and publication (ah, that there were blogs back when I started, in 1980. Or even The Internet). Check it out- he's going to post bits of free original clip art, which is pretty cool. I've added his link to the blog list on the right.

#2. Speaking of said son, when he visited in February, he brought a sweater that I'd knitted for him a few years ago. It has a couple of loose seams, so he left it here (intending to pick it up when the whole family visits for Easter)(!!!!). I fixed the seams yesterday. And then I wore the sweater.

#3. And I wore the sweater to the monthly meeting of my knitting group, Knitters Etc. Where I was finally able to finish the socks that have been on my needles since January. I just haven't had time for any recreational knitting, but since I can't talk and knit Fair Isle at the same time, I allowed myself to work on them. This is yarn I picked up at the Sock Summit last summer (they were small skeins). I love how they turned out.


#4. And while at knitting, I was able to cast on the next recreational knitting. My friend Susie has lately endured a terrible loss, and she asked me to knit her a pair of socks. I will do so happily, sneaking in a few rounds here and there. This yarn is Kertzer On Your Toes, with Aloe Vera, Wild Print. They're going to be beautiful. And every stitch will be knit with love.



#5.  The last of the '10 new wines went downstairs yesterday. This is a 5 gallon batch of rhubarb riesling, and it's already starting to settle. We're done with daily, and even weekly, wine work now. In a few weeks, we'll rack all 5 of the new wines to clean carboys, and add clarifier, and then it's just a matter of waiting for the wines to clear before bottling. That could take weeks, months, or a year. It won't hurt the wines to stay in the carboys as long as the air-locks remain functional. (And for the wine makers out there- don't worry, we racked the R/R to a clean carboy, and topped it before moving it downstairs.)

#6. It's Frog Girl's 9th birthday today. Happy Birthday Sweetie!

And #7. The calendar is ticking, I'd best get back to work.

No comments: