Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Koigu Miters

My friend Jane, who ferried me around Portland for a week, expressed admiration for some mitered square socks that I'd made, so I bought some Koigu Mill Ends at the Sock Summit specifically for her (hurrah for an excuse to buy sock yarn!). I started out alternating colors on the first row (the lightest one), but not only was that extremely fiddly and slow, the color change didn't show very well. So for the rest of the miters, I'm using one color only, and they look just fine.

I doubt I'll get a whole lot done on them in the next few days because I have to work on more SAFF and NCFF workshop handouts, and knit a few more sample pieces for those workshops. And on Friday, we have our first fall meeting of Knitters Etc. I can't wait to see what everyone has been working on over the summer.

But in the meantime, aren't these colors pretty together?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I will be jealously thinking of you at the Knitters, Etc. meeting. I've gotten myself a job and the only drawback is that I can't attend :(
Gorgeous socks, btw- she's going to love them!