The All Star ABCs quilt turned out exactly as I'd hoped, except that it's smaller than I thought it would be. The finished quilt is 32" x 36 1/2". The fabric shrunk a bit in the wash, and quilting tightened it even more, but still I thought it would be wider. However, it's fine for a baby quilt, and anyone who wants to make a larger quilt, can simply add borders to the center panel.
I like the yellow coordinating fabric as a border, and since I ordered a yard of it, I have some left over to play with.
Speaking of playing- as long as the sewing machine was flame-free, I used some of the scattered motifs from the Dolly 'n Me apron fabric to lengthen the doll sized apron. I have already altered the file on Spoonflower, so that any future yards printed from that design will be this long (with properly sized additions), but that didn't help the far-too-short sample apron. The appliqued pieces don't match, but I don't think my girls will mind, and at least now, it doesn't look like a tie-on vest.
I've spinning finished another 385 yards (10.9 ozs) of the silver Romney. This picture is only half of that amount, but the other half looks just the same. Oh that sheen. I don't think even silk is that shiny.
And finally, people sometimes wonder why living in South Dakota is worth the weather and lack of good produce in the stores.