Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Writers Guild, and a lovely gesture

My old friend, Bev Letsche (not that she's old- she's younger than I am, but we've known each other for 35 years or so- we worked together in the OT department at the State School) is a member of a writers guild in Miller. I've had an open invitation to attend meetings for a long time, but it wasn't until yesterday that our schedules meshed properly. I totally misjudged the mileage between here and Miller, which means that I arrived a half hour late, but the guild members were forgiving.

I don't get to sit with people who do what I do very often- it was wonderful to spend an afternoon with fellow writers.

They let me give the first chapter of MG V3.0 a test run, and I got to hear some wonderful short story excerpts, and poetry. And, as Tory Bauer always knew, the pie in small cafes is wonderful. I don't know if I'll be able to go to the meeting next month, but I'm going to try.

Blog reader and Raveler, Anne, has knit a pair of wristers from my pattern, for a young woman who was severely and permanently injured in a distracted driving accident. Aren't they lovely? And isn't that a wonderful gesture? Thanks for sharing, Anne.

No comments: