Monday, June 20, 2011

Busy-ness

Not only do I want to finish the revision of the MG Fantasy before we leave for The Wedding, I now have the first Kindle file for Sex and Salmonella, which needs proofing before it can be uploaded for sale. Curt is finishing up the cover, and I anticipate that the book will be available for Kindle and Nook in a couple of weeks.
And, of course, there's that Wedding Shawl that I must finish (that deadline is set in stonier stone than the book revision). I've completed 31", so I'm about halfway done (I anticipate that it will block out about 10" longer than the unwashed length. Wish me luck.

In the evenings, after my fingers have cramped and my brain shatters, I read. I finished the first four books of the George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series, and man oh man, what a saga. I read them on my Kindle, and I'm sorry that I didn't notice that the books were available as an e-book set. I bought them separately and spent about $10 more that way. Ah well, the story is worth every penny. And you can bet that I'll be downloading A Dance with Dragons the moment it's available in July.


I don't remember how Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children came to my attention, but I read the Kindle sample, and then bought the book (that Instant Gratification Thing is dangerous indeed). The book is pretty hard to describe- think Holden Caulfield meets Percy Jackson, with some pictures (which were a little hard to see on the Kindle, though they're just an addition, not necessary to the story). Click on the link, and then watch the book trailer, and see if it doesn't grab you too.

Okay, enough of this. Back to work.

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

The book cover looks great, and the wedding shawl is impressive. You have made tremendous progress.