Friday, June 10, 2011

Cassy's Wedding- Shawl Progress

I'm leaving in a few minutes, going to Aberdeen to see Super 8. I rarely go to movies, and even rarer still, go on an opening day, but this movie has ingtrigued me for a long time, and the early reviews are wowsers. So I'm taking the afternoon off to see if it lives up to the hype.

In the meantime, I've made some progress on Cassy's Wedding Shawl. I finished the saw-tooth ends, and have picked up the body, and am working on it. It's a really simple design, and the beads show up nicely. Of course, it looks all weird and rumply now, but it'll block out all smooth and even.
If you're knitting along, here's the chart. I did make one small adjustment on the actual shawl- on the final outside border repeat, I'm adding the bead on the final stitch, rather than the 2nd to the last.

We're leaving on July 12- do you think  I'll have it done on time?

No comments: