Saturday, June 25, 2011

This 'n that

I took yesterday afternoon off for a Girlie Day with the local Grands. We had a lovely time at the water park.
All three of them are under the cascade somewhere. Then we ate supper at Pizza Hut- their choice, but I must admit that the Honey BBQ wings and cheese bread, not to mention the Chocolate Dessert Bread, were all yummy. Then we sang Robots together on the way home, at the top of our lungs. Good times.

They stayed the night, but went home early, so the house is quiet again. I might finish the V3.0 revision of the MG Fantasy today (or tomorrow at the latest), and then I will go over the entire thing one more time, looking for little errors, and then it's off to my agent, to see what she thinks. Maybe it's ready to ship out, or maybe it needs V4.0. My brain is mush so I have no idea what the verdict will be.

I'm almost done proofing the Sex and Salmonella files, so it'll probably be available from Kindle (first, and then the other formats following soon thereafter) in a couple of weeks. This book was less well anchored in my head, so outside of a few scenes and lines, it's very much like reading a book written by someone else, which is pretty cool. I am actually almost enjoying reading it.

The death of Peter Falk got me to thinking about this scene from my favorite Peter Falk movie (well, also Princess Bride), which got me to thinking about Alan Arkin, which got me to thinking about The Russians are Coming, The Russians Are Coming, which is one of the funniest movies of all time. And it still works, beautifully. I continue to be amazed that it was ever made, given the political climate of the time (I'm not sure it would be made, even now). Only watch this clip if you have seen the movie, to remind you of some of the great bits. If you have not seen the movie, skip the clip, and go rent it. Now. You won't be sorry.

Emairgancee... everybody to get from street...

No comments: