Thursday, October 27, 2011

Biltmore Flower Power

I made it home safely yesterday, after 16 hours in assorted airports and on assorted airplanes. Kris, who had twice the distance to travel, was home before I even made it to Minneapolis. Such is travel from one small town to another. My flights were all on time (early, even), and smooth, and it was as painless a day as 16 hours in assorted airports and on assorted airplanes can be. And I'm glad to be home.

Anyway, I have several recap posts yet to upload, which I will do over the next few days (including one about our trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Also about the food... which... omigod...)

Anyway, the Biltmore Estate has extensive gardens. I've never been there in the spring, to see the roses in full bloom, or the azalea gardens, but the fall gardens are amazing. And the conservatory is full of orchids.

Without further ado- many many pretty blossoms:

 Can you see the dragonfly? It's in honor of the Tiffany Glass exhibit.




















A better shot of the dragonfly, etched out in mums.

No comments: