Thursday, October 20, 2011

In Transit

I got up at 2:30am...
Let that sink  in for a moment.
I got up at 2:30am
The Hub drove me over to the airport (three cheers for The Hub, not the least because it was 22 degrees and foggy), and I got on my first plane at 6:30am.



It was a beautiful day for flying- clear and cloudless. What a beautiful patchwork land is South Dakota.
And they're not kidding about that 10,000 lakes stuff in Minnesota.

I don't have any more  pictures because they were kind of picky about actually turning the phones OFF on the flight from Minneapolis to Atlanta (as opposed to just using the Airplane Mode). But that flight was good too.

I had plenty of time in MSP and ATL  today- enough to buy a fridge magnet and a tee shirt and to finish reading one book, and then read 75% of another.

It was also enough to change gates 3 times in ATL, and to leave 35 minutes late, and yet still land in Asheville 10 minutes before the scheduled time. I think we went through a time warp.

At any rate, I got up at 2:30am Central Time, and landed in Asheville at 7:05 pm Eastern Time, which means I'm really really tired.

I'm going to hunker down tonight and rest up for the festivities tomorrow.

I'll take pics!

2 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

You go girl! Enjoy that nap... I could taken one by way of support just reading about all that travel :^)

Unknown said...

stThat is just insane traveling time. Amazing that you had to go to the hub Atlanta to get to Asheville....not so very far away...
Glad you found ways to enjoy it.