Wednesday, June 27, 2012

True to my word...

TA DA!!!!!
 This may be the cutest thing I've ever done, and I can only take credit for adding the border and the quilting, since everything else was printed on the fabric by Spoonflower. But man, this is cute.

Every one of the squares is adorable.

Yellow was the perfect color for the border, though dark blue would have worked too. I just didn't want dark blue.
 Robots with ice cream cones... hee...

 The coordinating fabric has teeny little matching robots.

 That's a whole lotta stitches.

 It always amazes me how different a quilt looks after washing. This is intended as a baby gift eventually, and it has to be totally machine washable and dryable.
 So much more texture and interest now.

And once I finished the quilt, I could work on the needlepoint without guilt. There isn't going to be a whole lot of tonal difference between the blues of the water and the greens on the turtle, so I think maybe I need a splash of another color in there... maybe some muted reds. What do you think?

1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

I love that quilt!! How cute!!