Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wednesday on Thursday

Hokay... I thought yesterday was Thursday all day, hence the Thursday Tab on Wednesday (and if you're here looking for the paper doll, scroll down to yesterday's post- it's there and it's a nice one). It wasn't until last night that I finally realized that today was not going to be Friday. I have no idea how I got mixed up, but the rest of the week is going to feel weird for me.

So, instead of trying to think today (which obviously won't work- brain has gone bye-bye), I'm going to post some fun pictures. I belong to a group on Facebook that is doing Fat Mum Slim's Photo A Day Challenge. Millions of people worldwide are participating and sharing photos. We aren't posting to the international boards, we're just doing it among ourselves, but it's been fascinating.

It works thusly: each day of the month has a prompt- sometimes it's just one word, sometimes it's a phrase. Every day is different, and each day, you take (or find, if you have one in your archives) a photo that corresponds to the prompt. I love love love seeing the various interpretations. There are no actual rules, but we do try to take the photos ourselves, and if possible, take them close to the posting date- but neither of those is hard-and-fast.

Here are a few of my favorites from the past couple of months. No explanations- just the date, the prompt, and the photo.

 April 1: Reflection
April 9- Younger Me

 May 5- Grass

 May 14- Snack

May 17- Bird

June 4- Closeup

June 11- Door

June 12- From a low angle
June 14- Time

Tomorrow's prompt is Yellow. I already have a notion of the pic I want to take. I hope it turns out.

2 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

I love that challenge but had to take a month break because too much going on! ;) Love all your pictures!

Lynne Phelps said...

What fun! The truck photo is awesome with all the converging lines! And thanks for reminding me of A Wrinkle in Time, I loved that book! Now I'll have to dig it out for a reread; tesseract, here I come!