Sunday, March 16, 2008

Saturday at Expressions Gallery


I've shopped at Expressions Gallery (formerly the Knit Nook) in Watertown, SD, for years, so it was great fun to go back for a signing, which just happened to coincide with the meeting of the Glacial Lakes Fiber Guild, some of whose members I know from the North Country Fiber Fair that I attend in Watertown every September. As with every book signing at a yarn store, I had a fantastic time- it was good to reconnect with friends, lovely to talk knitting and yarn (and crochet, and spinning, and weaving, and felting, and goat cheese, and banana bread). And, of course, I bought yarn- 3 skeins of Plymouth Boku (their Noro substitute, which is, in a lot of ways, superior to Noro) in a great coral/teal/gold colorway, 2 balls of Patons rust colored tweed Merino (both for worsted weight socks, though maybe not for the sock book), and a skein of absolutely gorgeous Trekking HandArt (hand dyed) fingering weight sock yarn in a colorway called Tundra. It didn't scan well, but it's very dark- deep green, deep browns, deep reds. I can't wait to knit this up. I'll see if I can get a good picture of it outside.

It was a wonderful afternoon, and I was invited back to their next guild meeting. I hope I can go.

No comments: