Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Tab- Saalfield Outdoor Paper Dolls #1513, 1948















































This is Saalfield's #1513 Outdoor Paper Dolls, published in 1948. I have the original number book, but there was a different version with more clothes and the front cover dolls dressed differently. I have scans of some of the missing clothes and the original dolls.

This is a great *teen* set. I am fascinated by the shorts/ascot/bathrobe outfit on page 2, as well as the peek-a-boo front on the girl's lounge set.

Click on images to enlarge, right click to save as jpgs, print from any graphics program, clothes on plain paper, covers on card stock.

1 comment:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

I heard the Knitpicks podcast and came right over to subscribe to your blog.

There were scads of paper dolls in my youth, and designing more clothes for them was a passion!
My friend had the Elizabeth Taylor paper dolls I coveted. A few years ago I saw them at an antiques shop for many times their original worth. Your paper dolls are wonderful!